... Flood Warning extended until this afternoon...
the Flood Warning continues for
the Potomac River at Edwards Ferry.
* Until this afternoon.
* At 5 am Sunday the stage was 15.0 feet.
* Flood stage is 15.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Recent activity... the maximum river stage in the 24 hours ending at
5 am Sunday was 15.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 15.2 feet by this
morning. The river will fall below flood stage late this morning.
* Impact... at 15.0 feet... water reaches the boat ramp and lower
parking area at Edwards Ferry, and begins to inundate areas near
* Flood history... this crest compares to a previous crest of 16.0 feet
on may 10 2013.
River flood observed 2pm 8pm 2am 8am crest
location stage stg day time sun sun Mon Mon stg day time
Edwards Ferry 15.0 15.0 sun 5 am 14.6 13.7 13.0 12.5 15.2 sun 8 am
Lat... Lon 3923 7744 3913 7745 3908 7730 3903 7736
3905 7745 3911 7755 3920 7754
Severe Weather Get Mobile & Email Alerts
Eastern Loudoun Severe Watches & Warnings NOAA Weather Radio
Watches & Warnings
Issued: 5:23 AM EDT Jun. 24, 2018 – National Weather Service
Nearby Radar Stations
- Ashburn Farm
- Ashburn Junction
- Ashburn Village
- Ashby Ponds
- Belmont Country Club
- Belmont Greene
- Broad Run Farms
- Burns Crossroads
- Dulles Town Center
- Evergreen Mills
- Gilberts Corner
- Lansdowne Town Center
- Little Washington
- Lowes Island
- Moorefield Station
- Potomac Falls
- Potomac Farms
- South Riding
- Sterling Park
- Sugarland Run
- University Center
- Virts Corner